This Tic-Tac-Toe visualization shows an implementation of a heuristic search algorithm.
The two players: blue circles and green squares each have different tactics.
- Blue circles: Uses a very silly tactic - randomly choosing an empty spot.
- Green squares: Uses a heuristic function to find the optimal spot. The heuristic function is:
- h(x) = 1 if the spot allows the player to win
- h(x) = 0.5 if the spot prevents the other player from winning
- h(x) = 0.2 for the center spot
- h(x) = 0.1 for middle spots (non-corners)
- h(x) = 0 for corners